Silver Gallery Dating Tips
Read through your profile a couple of times to ensure your profile is a true impression of yourself. Does the information create a picture of who you are and what you are looking for?
- Read through their profile a couple of times taking a look at their interests and hobbies and also the type of person they are looking for. Could this person be a potential match for you?
- Ensure that your photo is clearly displayed with your profile. Choose a good clear ‘head and shoulders’ shot of yourself smiling. A happy faced will always be more appealing than a miserable one.
- Remember – displaying a photo of yourself will automatically increase your chances of meeting that special person by 50-60%. Upload your photo by going to – your picture gallery.
Send as many picture flirts as you can to people you like and that interest you. This first initiation will show that you are interested and open to receive replies.
- When sending a message via our email messaging format. Firstly think about what you want to say and then write it down either on paper or in a word processor programme. Doing this enables you to look over you message a couple of times to check the grammar and spelling is legible. Try and write something that’s interesting fun and positive about you.
Remember – First impressions always count.
- Try and make your messages sound interesting. You could refer to a point or subject of interest mentioned in their profile and also add a sentence from our message ideas (see our online dating communication). Above all show interest and be genuinely interested.
- Remember – Interaction with new friends should be fun and enjoyable, like a journey of new adventure, which bring you happiness. If you find the response that you receive from one person on a continuous basis is not what you expect, be courteous and politely say - It was a pleasure to get to know you but feel we are not suited for a long-term relationship and move on.
- When creating your profile remember honesty is the best policy. People that lie always get found out eventually and lying spoils your chances of a relationship.
- So – how long should you be sending messages and phoning each other before you meet? We say – the choice is yours – but – we would recommend for about four weeks as this give you enough time to get a real impression and to know whether this person might be your special someone.
Never disclose your personal details i.e. telephone number, personal email address, home address etc with anyone until you feel comfortable that the time is right to do so.
Never mention sex or imply that you are just looking for sex. As this is not that type of site.
- Remember to have fun! Be positive and talk about all your good points and look for a relationship that brings you happiness, development and growth.